The Pales is a Historic Meeting House and burial ground with a Warden’s Cottage attached, situated in a peaceful hillside setting in Powys close to its border with Herefordshire.
It is the oldest Quaker Meeting house in continuous use in Wales and is of great emotional and spiritual significance to many both within and without the Quaker community.
The Pales is used as a Meeting House, Burial Ground, and centre for holding small day events or events where attendees are prepared to camp on site.
It was built in 1717 and is a stone building with a thatched roof. The Cottage, built at a later date, is occupied by a volunteer part-time Friend in Residence. There are extensive grounds with a pond, flower borders and a small woodland. There are also fruit bushes and vegetable beds. Parking is available in the nearby quarry, a two minute walk from the building.
The Meeting House and grounds are open every day and visitors are always welcome.
|The Burial Ground||Support Us||Book the Pales||The Future|